5 Weeks Post Op Full Tummy Tuck. My Bb is Darker Than the Rest of my Skin. Is It Bruising?

Tummy tuck

+1

Often times when you are healing, your body increases the blood supply to the healing area which makes it look more purple or darker than the surrounding area.  This is likely what is going on with your belly button.  As long as it is not turning black - it will return to normal color soon.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Umbilical skin color contrast following an abdominoplasty

+1

Since the skin of your upper abdomen may be slightly different from that of your lower abdomen you may be noticing a difference in skin pigmentation.  If this is the case there is really nothing that you can do.  It is possible that over time and with some sun exposure the color difference will improve.  

Belly button color is different than the rest of the abdom

+1

The difference in color is most likely because the skin is slightly different color that the original abdominal skin

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Appearance of belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to give you an accurate answer on the dark appearance of your belly button.  If you are concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

My Bb is Darker Than the Rest of my Skin. Is It Bruising?

+1

It may well be bruising, but without a photo it is not useful to guess. A visit to your surgeon offers the best chance of reassurance. All the best. 

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Hard to say without photos whether there is bruising or blood flow issues with the BB.  Best to post photos or even better, go back and check with your doctor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS