Am a Good Candidate for a Possible Nasal Tip Refinement and Chin Implant? (photo)

Hi there! I am wondering whether or not I should consider having my tip refined and possibly a very small chin implant. I hate the way my nose looks when I smile and I can't stand my bum chin. Thank you kindly for your advice!

Concerns about the nasal tip and chin aesthetics

+2

Hi Kerry. You appear, from the photo, to possibly have a wide nasal tip which at least needs to be narrowed. It is hard to comment on your chin which appears to have good projection with your nice smile. In both cases a conservative correction of both is in order. In most nasal surgeries, the whole nose is addressed in order to provide good balance throughout the nose. It is difficult to tell if this is needed from this picture though, as you appear to have a nice shape to your nose otherwise.The old traditional, "button" type, chin implant is, thankfully, not used much these days but the decision to treat your chin with Sculptra, fillers or a chin implant is not possible from this photo. What is it that you don't like about you chin? Something done to provide better balance between your chin and face using injectables might be a better answer. I think that surgical correction of your tip, not fillers is a better option because it looks like it needs narrowing and fillers wont help that. It the tip is pulled down when you smile, that can be corrected too.  

Nasal tip and chin refinement

+2

It's difficult to fully assess base on one photo. It's base to get in person consultation and have your plastic surgeon help you make these important decisions. However, if you are seeking very minor contour enhancement and unsure if you want to undergo permanent surgical changes, the use of filler can help you make that decision. You can achieve minor tip enhancement and more significant chin contour shaping with fillers. It's easy to perform and your results are almost immediate. The fillers can last anywhere from 6 -12 months which can give lots of time to evaluate and think about more permanent changes. 

Fillers are great for non-surgical rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+2

From your photo, I can see you have a great smile, but beyond that I can't comment on your face specifically.  In general, fillers are a great way to make modest refinements and improvements to both the nose and the chin.

• Non-surgical chin augmentation takes about 5 minutes, last 9-12 months and can achieve 60-70 % of the results possible with surgery
  • Non-surgical rhinoplasty can improve the contour of your nose and tip definition
  • Both options are nice to consider before surgery to make sure you want to move forward with a permanent procedure on your face.

Good luck finding information.

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/nonsurgical-chin-augmentation.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Refinement and Chin Implant

+2

Proper assessment for indications of your nasal tip refinement and chin correction can only be established during an office examination. From the photograph, it appears that your nasal tip could be improved. 

Web reference: http://www.torontofacialcosmeticdrc.com/rhinoplasty-procedure.html

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip refinement candidate

+1

It is impossible to tell from a picture of only half the nose whether or not a tip rhinoplasty or a full rhinoplasty should be performed.  In majority of cases, the tip rhinoplasty only will not suffice and a full rhinoplasty is usually in order.  There is only a very few patients who are able to perform only a tip rhinoplasty.  It is impossible to tell from only one ¾ angle whether or not a chin implant is indicated.  A chin implant is a 3 dimensional structure and before making any considerations as to placement of an implant, at least 3 to 5 views of the chin area must be viewed before making this type of decision.

Nasal tip refinement & chin implant

+1

From your photo, your tip could benefit form tip rhinoplasty- it would enhance the definition as you mentioned.  A chin implant I'm not sure you need.  I would consider minor fat transfer into the region.  Best wishes!!

Am a Good Candidate for a Possible Nasal Tip Refinement and Chin Implant?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, this photo, can't give enough information to comment on the nasal tip or chin.  A side (profile picture) to reveal the chin would be required as well as a front picture of the nose with you not smiling.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Chin and nose surgery?

+1

Thanks for the photo, but without a proper exam it is difficult to say whether or not you need surgery or not.

Photographic Analysis For Rhinoplasty And Chin Augmentation

+1

You may very well be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation but that is impossible to tell based on the one photo you have submitted. You need to send in photos, non-smiling, of the front and side view of your face. Computer imaging will visually answer your question once you see the predicted result.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Are you a Rhinoplasty or Chin Augmentation candidate?

+1

Dear Kerry,

The photograph enclosed makes it to difficult to determine your needs. A proper frontal view and profile view is necessary to give any further expert opinion. I would suggest a rhinoplasty consultation and direct examination to fully answer your question. In consultation I use a digital imaging computer which allows me to show my patients their proposed surgical result and discuss what surgically needs to be done to procure those results. This is very helpful in allowing the patient to see what these modifications would look like. I also have hundreds of before and after photographs with the proposed imaging photos to show how close in proximity the proposed result and final surgical result are. This may be a helpful process during your consultations. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com