Crooked Nose Bridge After Rhinoplasty Normal? (photo)

Hey everyone. I've just had my rhinoplasty two weeks ago, and I know it's still really early, but I'm freaking out. Before my rhinoplasty, my nose was completely straight, but afterwards, my bridge is crooked. In fact, the bridge is closer to my left eye then my right eye. Will it naturally revert back to the middle of my face? Also, is gently pushing the bridge towards the center of my face a viable option. Thanks

Crooked Nose Bridge After Rhinoplasty Normal?

+1

I do not see the issue you are asking about! Post close up photos or seek min person second opinion. 

Impossible to say about straightness of nose two weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Even with pictures it's impossible to make a decision about whether or not your nose is going to end up straight. You need to quit agonizing about it and let the swelling resolve.

Correction of a crooked bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question. If your surgeon performed lateral osteotomies, which are controlled fractures on the sides of the nose where the nose meets the cheek, it's possible that your nasal bones have shifted to one side or the other. These osteotomies are done very routinely in rhinoplasty and can be used to straighten the nose, narrow the width of the upper part of the nose, or restore a normal shape to the bridge after removal of a hump. The nasal bones take around 6-8 weeks to heal after surgery and during this time, they can be pushed back to the middle in the office by your surgeon. He or she may also have you then perform nasal exercises, in which you push on the nasal bones at home with your finger to keep them straight. Once the bones have healed, straightening them generally requires going back to surgery. Since you have this relatively short window when the bones are still mobile, I would highly suggest that you get in to see your surgeon promptly.

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta 

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your question and photo.  You may have some deviation, you may have some swelling.  Pushing on the nose at this point may not be the best idea as you may actually move the nasal bones this soon after the surgery.  See your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bridge symmetry may be swelling

+1

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the question and photos.  Swelling on one side of the nose more than the other can create the appearance of a deviated nasal bridge.  If this is the case and you push on it you may actually cause a real deviation.  I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon as it will require them to evaluate you and determine what is actually going on.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD