What Should I Have Done to Nose and Chin?

I am interested in having rhinoplasty and a chin implant to fix my profile. I have no problem with my face from the front but when ever I see it in profile it looks horrible. I have a large nose with a hump. Also a bump on the right side of my bridge where I broke my nose when I was younger. My chin is also very weak so a chin implant is important to me. Will it be possible to make my chin look a lot stronger with an implant? What should I have done to my nose to make it fit my face the best?

Video imaging is the best way to evaluate profile changes from rhinoplasty and chin implant.

+1

I think video imaging would be a good way to determine what could be accomplished by a rhinoplasty and chin implant. A chin advancement should also be considered as a potential alternative.

+1

In the situation, that you describe a Rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal hump combined with placement of a Chin Implant to make the chin more pronounced and forward projecting would indeed address these issues.

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery

+1

These procedures are often done in combination to enhance overall facial balance.  A small chin will make the nose look larger than it really is.  Depending and the amount of chin advancement a genioplasty may be more prudent since it will allow larger movement and more versatility.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Good candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

To improve your facial profile you can consider:

1. Standard rhinoplasty
  2. reduction of the nasal dorsal hump
  3. Chin implant

+1

The hump can be reduced with a closed rhinoplasty and a chin implant can be placed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Primary Rhinioplasty with Chin Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your questions. The combination of chin augmentation with rhinoplasty is a common one. The projection of the nose and chin should work in harmony to give you balance when you look at your profile. Digital imaging is very helpful to see how changes in the nose and chin can effect your overall aesthetic. Since rhinoplasty is an operation where millimeters of change make a significant difference, digital imaging is also helpful so that you and your surgeon have the same mind as you agree on the surgical goals. After hump removal, management of the middle vault is important to avoid future functional issues. Make sure your surgeon is equally concerned about the way your nose works as he/she is about the appearance. In capable hands, you should be very pleased with your result. Take care.

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation is a common combination. What size and style of chin implant that is best for you needs to be determined by computer imaging to see how much you see as desireable. The same applies to your nose. You need to have an assessment before surgery where you can view possible changes and their magnitude to both your nose and chin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nose and chin

+1

It is very common to perform both a chin implant and a rhinoplasty at the same time for people that have a weak chin.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Chin Implant surgery is done many times in conjunction with Rhinoplasty.  This will help balance the face.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries,  to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

The goals of a rhinoplasty are to reduce the overall projection of the nose, reduce the size  of the nose, refine the tip, shave a hump off the bridge and narrow the side walls of the nose.  It's important to make sure all the components of the nose balance with each other, and the entire nose balances with your facial features. The primary goal for a chin implant is to give more chin projection  and the secondary goal is to moderately increase the vertical height the lateral width. The chin implant  is placed through a submental incision directly over the bone. Decreasing the projection of the nose and increasing projection  of the chin helps significantly with facial balance. Please see vital link below  to our chin implant/ rhinoplasty photo gallery