Is It Normal to Have a Outline of Dark Pigment Wherever the Liposuction Was Done? I Am Fair Skinned

Liposuction on inner and outer thighs abdomen and flanks I had liposuction performed 11 weeks ago. The darker pigment is only on my inner and outer thighs it's like a thick pencil line where ever the liposuction was performed. I am worried that this will not go away. Not sure why this happened.

Skin color change after liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about skin color changes after liposuction.

• This is probably post-traumatic hyperpigmentation - skin darkening after trauma.
  • It can appear at the edges of the tape, a garment or liposuction itself.
  • Post-traumatic hyperpimentation usually fades in 6-12 months,
  • Keep sun off the hyperpigmented skin.
  • Glycolic peels may also help, usually about 6 of them. Hope this helps.

Liposuction

+1

Are you able to post some pictures so that I can provide a better answer?  It's unclear from your description if it's bruising or staining.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1

Liposuction can cause bruising, and hemosiderin can deposit in the tissues.  The body tends to remove these pigments over several months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA