What Should I Do About my Nose? (photo)

I'm quite self-consciousness about my nose - its very bulbous and also uneven. However, I'm worried about getting it fixed because there's already a negative connotation with getting a nose job - even more so with men. I don't want people to judge me. Anyways, how much of an improvement can I get by getting a rhinoplasty? Would I be able to get great results by just fixing the tip (not breaking the bone)? I obviously don't want it to look like my nose was done and want to have a masculine nose.

Bulbous tip

+1

Fixing the boxy, bulbous tip can give a nice refinement to the tip.  There will most likely be modest adjustments in the bridge that may be needed to make sure the new tip balances with the rest of the nose.   

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be helpful for improving the appearance of a bulbous, droopy nasal tip.

+1

If you're looking to improve the appearance of your nose, it would be best for you to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists. You may benefit from computer-imaging to get an idea of what might be achieved with well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty advise

+1

Forget what other people think. If you are unhappy with your nose and are willing to go through the surgery, recovery, risks and cost than go for it. The things you describe about your nose can certainly be improved. It is amazing to see how someone can grow and gain self confidence after changing such a small but important feature. Take your time and find the right surgeon. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Male Rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos that you are showing I think you could get a nice result with a tip rhinoplasty. My recommendation is that you need correction of a Boxy tip. This can be accomplished by working on your tip alone. You obviously want the top to match the tip but I think this could be possible with tip work alone. I also feel this should be able to be accomplished and still keep your masculine look.  

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What to do about my nose?

+1

Many men seek rhinoplasty surgery. You should be able to get nice refinement of your boxy, wide tip without being "feminized". It's hard to say without full face photos if you would need profile reduction or osteotomy, but it does appear that you could likely avoid these steps.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating a bulbous tip but maintaining masculinity

+1

It should be possible to improve the bulbous appearance of your tip in a natural way that looks natural and maintains the masculinity of your nose.

When choosing your surgeon be sure to check out before and after photos of other male patients with similar features.

You can read more about bulbous tip repair and see some before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD