Are my Inner Thighs Uneven Enough from Liposuction to Request a Touch Up? (photo)

I had liposuction of the inner thighs and I'm 4 months post op. From the very beginning, I noticed that the inner thighs were uneven. Are they uneven enough that they are noticeable (I feel like they are)? Secondly, would I benefit from a touch up to fix the uneven contour or will it get worse? My PS did a great job overall, but he did say that it is harder to obtain symmetry when you're lying down (as he did a few parts of my body). I'd like a second opinion before I bring it up with my PS.

Liposuction inner thighs

+2

Your inner thighs look very even and natural - even if  you do notice one side seems bigger than the other - the overall look of both thighs is very pretty. It may be possible to remove some more fat but I think you would risk having some skin irregularities show and you might lose that very natural looking appearance that you have now. The inner thigh area is a difficult area to finesse and fine tune. Your liposuction surgeon can help you understand the risks and benefits and possible outcomes of more liposuction.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Revision Liposuction of Medial Thighs

+1

A revision may not offer any real benefit, but a revision has the potential to create irregularity.  An exam in person would be necessary to say for sure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Symmetry after liposuction

+1

Remember that nobody is perfectly symmetrical.  That said, one of the risks of liposuction is worsening of asymmetry, though I have not found this to be an issue.

If your situation is bothering you, I would recommend waiting until you are 6 months out from your surgery, where the swelling should be minimal and an adequate assessment can be made.  See you surgeon at that time to discuss whether revision touch up is possible or worthwhile.  I'm certain your surgeon is as eager as you are to achieve an optimal outcome.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Mild asymmetry is normal - your pics don't show a need for revision

+1
looking at your pictures is not as good as seeing you in person, however based on what you posted I do not see any significant problems that would need a touch up or revision.  If mild contour abnormalities are bothering you, massage can help.  Repeat liposuction is probably not a good option.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetry after liposuction to the inner thighs

+1

Hello and thanks for the questions and photos.  I would suggest looking at pre and post op photos with your PS to better evaluate your concerns.  Although there is a slight difference between the legs, it is up to you if you feel it is necessary to revise this area.  Touch-ups are not uncommon with liposuction.  Best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD, Plastic Surgery, Houston.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Asymmetry after liposuction occasionally requires a revision but seldom before six months.

+1

Some asymmetry will after liposuction may not be the result of asymmetric swelling. Ultimately that will require a revision. However, all of the swelling should have resolved so that a proper judgment can be made.

Are my Inner Thighs Uneven Enough from Liposuction to Request a Touch Up?

+1

A before posted photo is necessary to determine the amount of improvement. But based on only the after posted photos your result could be improved by weight loss of 10 pounds not further surgery. 

Asymmetry of thighs?

+1

Remember that asymmetry is normal. The legs may be uneven because the underlying bony and musculature are a bit different from side to side.