Gynecomastia surgery 1 week ago: Is my chest going to get any flatter? (photos)

I just had gynecomastia surgery done last week and while I'm happy with the results, I think I still have "man boobs". The dr removed 2kgs of fat and took out small glands from underneath my nipple. He said that in time, my chest will become flatter and I will see improvements. I have looked at various picture of post op gynecomastia and people seem to have a flatter chest!? Is it just me, should I give it time? I'm insecure 4 pics, pre op and 4 days post op

Lots of healing to go one week after gynecomastia surgery.

+1
It sounds as though you had a combination of excision and liposuction for treatment of gynecomastia. If this is the case you can expect significant improvement over the ensuing weeks.

Swelling 1 week after gynecomastia surgery

+1
At 1 week you certainly have a significant amount of residual swelling.  You should see a dramatic reduction in swelling over the next 6 weeks, but it may be 8 to 12 months before you would see your "final" result.  In addition, your skin will retract over this time period, improving your shape.  Be patient, and contact your Plastic Surgeon if you have concerns about increased or asymmetric swelling, as this would not be considered normal at this point. 

Andrew Wolfe, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Appearance following surgery for large gynecomastia

+1
If your physician removed 2 kg of fat and also breast tissue, at this point you should have a lot of swelling that will take a few weeks to resolve. Be patient and I believe that you will get a good result.

John Newkirk, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon