Injections For Improved Jaw Line? (photo)

Hi I had a consultation with a Doctor about rhinoplasty. He also recommended a small chin implant and lipo under the neck which I agreed with. So I plan to have that done. I have read about injections of Radiesse to give the jaw line a more masculine or square look. I just want to know how much will the lipo improve my jaw line if at all, or if these injections would be a reasonable option after the surgery.

Injections For Improved Jaw Line?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the chin is weak, there is excess fat and skin of the neck and a lack of jawline flare and definitioin.  The following procedures would address the issues:

1. Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant or filler (I prefer Radiesse for this)
  2. Micro-liposuction of the neck with excess skin removal through an incision under the chin.
  3. Radiesse injections to augment and increase the flare of the jaw.

Injections For Improved Jaw Line?

+1

I would wait on any filler injections until 3 months following the surges planned. This would allow healing and seeing if a filler is needed and in what amounts/ 

Implants for Jawline Augmentation

+1

You have a slightly small chin and an ill-defined jaw angle and jawline. Injectable fillers are not likely to make much of a difference in creating an improved jawline in your case. They simply don't have the push to create much of a skeletal highlight. You will need to consider jaw angle implants to get the desired effect.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Injections for jaw line?

+1

The liposuction under your chin should help improvement the amount of fullness there and can help along the undersurface of the jaw.  The chin implant will help to augment your chin to improve the appearance.  I would have the surgery done first and wait a few months to see how it looks.  It's very likely that you may not want anything else done to your jawline after that.  If you do want more definition after the surgery, a filler like Radiesse could be a possible option.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon