I had a blepharoplasty last month. I think it's too long for my eye to still look like this, will my left eye heal soon? (Photo)

When does my fully heal after a blepharoplasty surgery? It has been one month, the sutures I had are dissolving.

I had a blepharoplasty last month. I think it's too long for my eye to still look like this, will my left eye heal soon?

+2
Yes something is not right! Seek IN PERSON oculoplastic second opinion ASAP.. Sorry for your issues.....

It is very difficult to answer this without knowing precisely your details.

+2
Generally this is a relatively short period of time after surgery.  Your are likely to be swollen for several more months.  If you simply had a cosmetic blepharoplasty, then yes, this result would be unusual.  If you had ptosis, especially if you have poor levator function, then this type of result might be more expect.  Either way, you will need many more months to heal before your would be ready for revisional surgery. If your original surgeon was not an oculoplastic surgeon, you might consider consulting one.  To make the most of the visit, you might give yourself more time to heal unless you have eye discomfort, reduced vision, or pain.

I had blepharoplasty last month. Will my left eye heal soon?

+1
There seems to be prolonged swelling on the left. It takes time to heal from blepharoplasty but you should have your surgeon evaluate your eyelid. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid asymmetry post op

+1
It is difficult to understand your entire problem.  If your surgery was for upper eyelid ptosis then it may be not fully corrected.  You may need an examination by your surgeon.  

+1
You seem to have an eyelid ptosis on the left side. After a month the eyes should look  reasonably symmetric. I suggest that you discuss this with your surgeon.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Post op lid healing

+1
Did you only do left lid?  Not much swelling but skin still irritated.   Did you do ptosis repair?   Lid a little low.  We need better history here.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon