What exactly goes on once a patient arrives to a clinic for a rhinoplasty surgery?

Is there anything I should bring with me? Is it okay to have hair mousse/ cream in your hair? Can you leave on any piece of clothing or does it all need to come off? Also what happens if you smoke two weeks before the surgery?

+1

I do not allow smoking within one month of surgery. I allow patients to keep clothing on for a rhinoplasty.

Preoperative preparation for rhinoplasty

+1

Each doctor and facility are going to have different instructions for their rhinoplasty patients. Our preoperative instructions are located on the website link below for your information

Rhinoplasty , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello

The pre operative and post operative preparation vary between surgicenters and surgeons.

I personally take 30 minutes to perform a pre operative appointment at which time I personally cover ALL aspects of the procedure , pre operative preparation including medicines, naturopathic meds, photographs, lab work, reviewing patient clothing, skin care preparation, all of the do's and dont's , etc........

I strongly recommend you review these with your surgeon since it may affect your final outcome.

Smoking is prohibited for any surgical procedure for at least 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the surgery ( assuming that all wounds have healed by that time and that no fat grafting has been done) .

Best wishes

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Preparation for Rhinoplasty

+1

These types of questions should be directed to the facility at which you will be having your surgery. The rules and requirements can vary by facility. You should not smoke a minimum of 2 weeks before surgery. Smoking causes constriction of the blood vessels and could have an impact on your healing negatively. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD