Fillers to Correct Dent in Nasal Bridge Following Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am one year post op from a closed rhinoplasty. I am overall relatively satisfied but feel as though the left side of my nose dips in. I am hesitant to undergo another surgery, and am wondering if fillers would be a good option for my issue? Thanks.

Correction of Contour Deformities Post Rhinoplasty

+1

One can use fillers to correct these. It is best to use small amounts of Restylane or hyaluronic acid filler done judiciously to not over correct. This can last a year or two. It is not a permanent result, but it certainly can help improve shape and contour for a significant time period.

Using filler to correct a dent in the nasal bridge following rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and thank you for posting a photo. I would be cautious when attempting to correct a dent in the nasal bridge with fillers. There are some risks from attempting to modify the appearance of the nose using filler, which is also known as a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Risks may include the following:

1) Asymmetry
2) Necrosis, or death of the skin (the most serious side effect)

In general, filler can also be used to mildly lift a drooping tip, and may be used to augment the nasal dorsum.  Only a small amount of filler may be used and it must be injected slowly to limit the above risks.  If you are planning on improving the appearance of the area with filler, I would see a surgeon that is comfortable with these injections. The other option is to have a graft placed during surgery. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be very careful with filler in the nose

+1

I am extremely conservative about putting filler in the nose as I have seem some real disasters. However, for very small imperfections, a small amount of Restylane often works well. You should be very wary of any other injectables placed in the nose, as many of them can cause serious complications.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Nasal Dent After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Fillers can be an excellent supplement to Rhinoplasty for small areas of imperfection like what you are asking about. If you are overall very happy with your result I would say try some fillers. If it does not do what you want then seek an opinion about revision surgery.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Fillers to Correct Dent in Nasal Bridge Following Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes try Restylane filler to the area you described in your question. This could give you an idea of the potential result . 

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments may be used to fill indentations after previous Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed the frontal photo you posted. You may consider consulting a physician experienced in the art of using fillers in the nose. My personal preference and experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I agree that revision rhinoplasty may be extreme, and should be left as a last resort.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Medic02,

• Fillers are a great temporary substitute for surgery
  • There are permanent fillers, but if you do them, it would make revision surgery very difficult should you want it in the future

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty revision or fillers with concave mid nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty revision or fillers with concave mid nose is the question. Fillers such as Radiesse - Juvederm can be used. When you want a permanent correction you will need cartilage grafts to fill the concavities.

Liquid rhinoplasty. Fillers for nasal defects.

+1

Hi, thanks for your question.

Absolutely! Fillers are a great way to improve nasal contour...temporarily.

I have a few patients that don't want t undergo surgery that I treat about once a year with hyaluronate (Restylane). They love it, it's easy and reproducible.

Hope this helps.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD