I've Taken the Dr's Suggestions About Botox, Now What? (photo)

I had the spock look lines above my eyebrows after botox to the forehead. I went and got 1 unit of botox above each eyebrow, and now I have the dropped eyebrow, which was my fear, the weight of my brow is on my eyelid and it's really uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do now to lift the eyebrow back up?

Reversing Botox injections in the eyebrows

+1

Reversing Botox is very difficult. I would encourage you to start exercising the brow muscles to try to wear out the Botox faster. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Botox and Eyebrow Drop

+1

Just wait the 3 to 4 months until the Botox wears off. There is really nothing you can do right now.

Botox and brow droop

+1

Not typically...if you had 1 unit injected above each brow and it was injected incorrectly, you'll have to wait it out. Fortunately, one unit of Botox per side shouldn't take terribly long to wear off...

Sam Naficy, MD

I've Taken the Dr's Suggestions About Botox, Now What?

+1

STOP everything, allow the BOTOX to wear off over the next few months! You are chasing the dog's tail trying to correct what you do not like. Please stop and than the BOTOX will metabolize away. 

First I had Spock look, now I have droopy eyebrow after Botox

+1

I would agree with Dr. Bridges. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it will be best to leave the area alone. While you could get another unit or two injected into the outer eyebrow area and potentially lift it a bit, I just wouldn't recommend it at this point in time. There is a good doctor in Toronto who has a machine (maybe!) called the PanGerminal system. It is a galavanic energy current that can help lift muscles that have fallen. I use it when people come to me with Botox issues. Very few doctors have it, but I know he used to. If you email me separately I can give you his contact info. It will take several visits, but PanG can force those muscles to work again and lift the brow back up. Or time, time will make it all go away too.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox problems

+1

This is exactly what I predicted would happen.  I'm sure you are not able to move your brow at all now, right?  I'm sorry you have had so much trouble with such a "simple" procedure.  I would absolutely not get any more Botox now.  Let everything wear off, then start over.  You will probably not get much improvement with injection under the brow and you might risk eyelid droop (not eyebrow, but EYELID).  Good luck.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow droop after Botox

+1

You do have a couple of options to potentially help with the drooping of your brows after Botox.  Since you state you only had 1 unit above each brow, this is a fairly low dose and it's likely that the droop will improve by itself with just a little more time.  Your other option would be to have a little Botox placed just under the outer part of your brows.  This relaxes the muscles which pull the brow down and thus can help to raise the brow up a little bit.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon