What Surgery Should I Get First or Can I Get Them All at Once? (photo)

Before I had my kids I was 125lbs with 34DDs. With my first I was able 2 return 2 my weight but with my last child who is 3, I gained a little over 60 pounds and was weighing 179. Now I'm in my early 20's 150lbs, I want to return to my figure prebaby with more hips and a bigger butt. I would like to know if a mommy makeover is the right procedure for me, or if i should get the upper and lower body done separately. Also, I would like to know around what price range I can expect to be spending.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

I usually recommend to a patient to have as much surgery as you want up to 5 hours. This will include most of what you want. Get an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, and then decide.

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Mommy MakeOver or more after pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question about restoring your figure after pregnancy,

• If you are going to have more children, wait.
  • For your Mommy Makeover consider a tummy tuck with liposuction and a breast lift/reduction.
  • Tummy tuck and breast lift can be done separately or together - discuss with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Later - possible hip and buttock fat implants - they don't always last.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

What Surgery Should I Get First or Can I Get Them All at Once?

+1

A few issues come to mind. Are you finished with ALL the pregnancies? If not than why have a surgery that any future pregnancy will ruin. If you are than consider a full TT with MR, plus liposuction fat grafts to buttock and breasts lift/reduction. 

Both Reasonable Options

+1
If you are healthy and your surgeon is experience with mommy makeovers it is reasoble to combine procedures. It is also very reasonable to stage procedures to make your recovery easier.  It depends on your preference and the findings of your evaluation. Consider an in person consultation for a more definitive opinion.  All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover - all at once vs. staging the procedures

+1

Your posted photos severly drooping breasts, excess abdominal skin and fat, lax abdominal wall muscles and asymmetric fat deposition of fat above the crest of the pelvic bone on the back. You certainly would benefit from a "mommy makeover" type of surgery. There is a lot of work there and doing too much in one sitting is a safety concern so it is important that you have that issue addressed by any prospective surgeon. Mommy makeover does not mean you have all of the components done in one sitting although some patients do. Whether it is safe to do so depends on the patient and the surgeon.

My personal approach is to always do the body first and breast second even if done at the same operation because of the tendency for the body work to pull the breasts downward which can be dramatic if the breasts are done first.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Sequencing Cosmetic Procedures

+1

Based on your pictures I believe that you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. 

(First Operation) Liposuction of your abdomen, back and love handles which will frame your buttocks and then transfer of fat to your buttocks to add volume and improve shape.

(Second Operation) Occurs 6-12 months after first operation.  Breast lift/small reduction and a Tummy Tuck

Go to several BC PS for consultation.

Best Wishes

Dr. ES 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Mommy Mkaeover

+1

The most important decision is your choice of the plastic surgeon that you can trust and work with.

secondly is to communicate your desired results and prioritize the surgical procedures and to give yourself the time to heal.

surely breat lift , abdominoplasty, and liposuction and fat transfer can be done in one procedure, but the more the surgical time the higher the risk of complication.

Discuss the issue of combination surgeries, the risks, and your level of comfort as well as the surgeons comfort in doing all these surgeries and still get the best results. you do not want the surgeon to work against time and get a sub-optimal results.

I believe dividing your surgery into two surgeries is more realistic and patient safety is priority.

Total cost for all the above procedures are roughly $25K. If you are out of state, then add the hotel, and expenses, and the surgical garments.

Discuss revision surgery and who is responsible for what ahead of the surgery so there is no misunderstanding and surprise expenses.

Mommy Makeover and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

I routinely perform all of these surgeries, hundreds of each a year.  You need to realize that the tummy tuck, Brazilian buttlift, breast augmentation and breast lift can all be performed in under 6 hours.  However, recovering from a tummy tuck and Brazilian buttlift is very difficult, because you will not be able rest on your stomach or your back.  I would advise you to have the Brazilian buttlift with liposuction of the front, sides, and back performed first with a tummy tuck to be performed later.  This can reliably produce better, tighter results.  You may have the breast augmentation and lift performed at either time, although it makes more sense to have it performed with the tummy tuck.   That way you can rest on your stomach after the Brazilian buttlift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Combine procedures for mommy makeover

+1

Provided that the overall time of surgery is less than about 5-6 hours and you are in good health, most of the time it makes sense to do the breast lift and tummy tuck/lipo at the same time. The complicating part in your case would be fat transfers to the buttocks, which adds time to the procedure and may make recovery more difficult because you would need to avoid too much pressure in that area. So the plan that makes the most sense to me would be breasts and tummy first then lipo of the hips and fat transfers at a later date.

Richard Baxter, MD