Getting my Breast Implants Removed. What Should I Expect For Final Results? (photo)

Getting my breast implants removed . Worried ! What's gonna happen next ? Are they gonna be very ugly /flat/ empty? Used to be 32B in 2009 before BA. Now 32D. Having large capsular contracture ...Probably will need a breast lift in 6-9mhs..., My removal( explanation) is scheduled on March,5/13.... I cry every single day :((((

Getting my Breast Implants Removed. What Should I Expect For Final Results?

+3

I think most patients getting implants removed go through a short period of emotional trauma. But within a few weeks most are quite satisfied with their decision as the tissues will tighten more than you expect. Also, most patients think the unsupported breast will drop down onto their abdomen. There is little likelihood of that. The usual change is simply a flatter but not much lower look.

Breast Implant Removal after Capsular Contracture

+2

I would recommend removal of the breast implants followed by a period of several months of observation.  After 6 months or so, a decision for a breast lift can be made.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Getting my Breast Implants Removed. What Should I Expect For Final Results

+2

Sorry to hear what you have gone through. Most patients who make the decision you have made are pleased with the decision. The fact that you had a fair amount of breast tissue before implants is a favorable predictor of an outcome not as bad as you may be worried about. In a few months, you may or may not want to consider a lift. If volume is unsatisfactory, discuss fat grafting with your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Concerns about Appearance of Breasts after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing prior to breast implant removal. Remember, that as plastic surgeons, we strive to make the entire experience has “comfortable” as possible for patients; therefore, you may benefit from additional time spent with your plastic surgeon.  He/she will be in the best position to help guide you when it comes to specific concerns and achieving specific goals.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Sometimes patients in your situation are pleased with the results of surgery after removal of the breast implants; sometimes patients request breast lifting and/or re-augmentation with smaller breasts implants.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Implant removal and final shape

+2

It is very hard to predict the final shape of the breasts after implant removal.  Good luck with your surgery and time will tell.

+1

Yes, you should expect better results. To minimize your chances of capsular contracture, I would go with silicone implants that are placed underneath the muscle. I believe that you will also need a mastopexy (breast lift) to get the nipple at the top of the breast.

Web reference: http://breastcapsulectomy.com/

What Results Should I Expect With Implant Removal

+1

It's difficult to say what your breasts will look like after your implants are removed other than the obvious that they will be smaller with less volume.  Give yourself some time to adjust to your new body and see how you feel.  You may be just fine with your outcome, you may want a lift or you may want to have small implants placed for a little volume.  It's a very personal decision.  Talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to go over your concerns and upon physical exam, he/she should be able to give you a better idea of what your outcome will be.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Worried about explantation

+1

Hello there.  Based on your photo, you will be flatter without any implant.  Have you discussed your worries/concerns with your plastic surgeon?  You have several options: 1) Explantation, 2) Explantation with breast lift, 3) Removing your current implants and exchanging to smaller implants with/without implants.  Only your plastic surgeon who has examined you can give you a recommendation.  Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com