Will Extensive Work-3 Hours with a Dentist Stretching my Face Open- Affect my 7 Week Old Facelift?

Dental work after a face lift

+3

I recommend to my patients to avoid significant dental work for the first month after surgery, but at 7 weeks, you should not have any problems from a face lift standpoint.  If you are like me and completely petrified of the dentist, then you have other concerns that you can worry about instead!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Dental work will not affect the outcome of the facelift at seven weeks.

+2

When a dentist is the in your mouth and stretching the tissues it might seem as though this would compromise your facelift. Such is not the case. Proceed with your dental work.

Dental Work Post Facelift

+2

You should be okay to proceed without any adverse effects. I would inform the dentist however, and ask them to be as cautious as possible. Also, you can discuss this with your surgeon and get his/her opinion. If you still feel uneasy and your dental work isn't an emergency, perhaps you can reschedule the appointment. "Dr. D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dental work after facelift

+2

If you are not having any significant amount of swelling and your recovery have been smooth, then you should have no problem having lengthy dental work done. Your operating surgeon should be able to give you definitive answer based on how you have progressed post surgery.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Visits to Dentist After Facelift

+2

Thanks for your question.

It would be unlikely to have any problems with a dental procedure that long after your surgery.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Dental work after facelift

+2

You are probably ok but I would recommend 3 months to be sure. Check with your surgeon for final recommendation.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Dental work 7 weeks after facelift

+2

I doubt that seven weeks after a facelift dental work will impact the results.  Usually by this time you are basically free and clear to return to usual acitivty. If concerned, talk to you doctor.

Stretching Skin After a Facelift

+2

Your facelift should be fine.  Tell your dentist and plastic surgeon though ahead of time.  You may have a little extra discomfort than normal, but no detrimental effects on the facelift results.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

+2

Should be fine and stable, from that standpoint at 1 month post Face Lift Surgery but commonsense would dictate that you tell your dentsist about the Face Lift and ask him/her to be as gentle as possible.

Dental Procedure after Facelift

+2

It should be fine, but I would also ask the dentist how much retraction on the cheek during the procedure is necessary as well as converse with your plastic surgeon.