Breast Lift After Breast Implants Removal? (photo)

In 2009 I've had a breast augmentation with Cohesive Gel 325cc on top of muscle . Used to be 32B . Now 32D. Short after augmentation I had a revision surgery on my right breast because of capsular contracture . It keeps on coming back with more discomfort and pain . I've decided to get them out ! Probably , after 6 months I'll need a breast lift:((( Would " ultimate" or "donut" technique work in my case ? Want to have as less scarring as possible !! Thx.

Breast implant removal and lift

+1

You may be pleasantly surprised that your breasts skin will shrink enough that you will not need to be lifted.  That is my experience in most cases.

Breast Implant Removal and then Breast Lift Later

+1

The breast implants can be removed, and then a waiting period of observed.  You could be reevaluated in 3 to 6 months to determine what, if anything, needs to be done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift after Explant

+1

I agree with having the implants out and waiting.  I have been pleasantly surprised how the breast contracts.  By waiting your chances for a minimal scar mastopexy are best.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and then mastopexy?

+1

It is not a bad idea to have the implants removed first to see how the breasts respond before having a lift. Furthermore, depending upon how much breast tissue you have and how the breast responds to the removal will determine what form of lift if any you will need.

+1

I concur with your plan--get the implants out, wait to see what happens.If you are fortunate, you may not need a lift at all. But in 6 months your surgeon will be better able to plan a lift than he/she would at the time of implant removal.

All the best. 

Breast Lifting after Removal of Breast Implants Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have had after breast augmentation surgery. I think your current plan is a good one.

Exactly what type of breast lifting you will benefit from will depend mainly on your physical examination 6 months after the breast implants have been removed. The type of breast lift surgery will likely be tailored to the degree of breast ptosis ( position of the breasts on your chest wall and redundant skin envelope present).

Your desire to minimize scars is understandable but don't short change the results of the procedure ( when it comes to breast  shape/contour/position) in order to minimize scars.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the planned procedures.