Botox Left Lines Above my Eyebrows? (photo)

I had botox injected to the frown area between my eyebrows, around the crow's feet and in my forehead. The Dr. said he could not inject above my eyebrows because it would cause droopy eyelids. But now I'm left with these freakish looking lines above my eyebrows, it looks horrible, what can be done to fix this? I don't want droopy eyelids, but I can't live with these lines either.

Rejuvenating the forehead with Botox with out compromising brow position

+2

You would do well with a small amount of Botox in the lateral brow area I would start off with 2 units on each side.  Your physician is correct that over doing the forehead will make the brows drop.  With a little experimentation you can find the right dose and areas to give you a pleasing relaxed look with out compromising brow position. 

Botox and Eyebrows

+2

A small amount of Botox injected above the outer region above you eyebrows should correct this problem. The brow should not droop as long as the injection is 3/4 to 1 inch above the eyebrow

Joseph Fata, MD

Horizontal forehead lines after botox

+1

Horizontal forehead lines above the eyebrow are more obvious after botox has softened the remaining forehead lines, but the botox did not cause the lines. I warn all patients that they will notice the lines more after botox and point out the lines to them prior to injecting any medication. Filler is the safest way to treat these lines. Botox in this area is risky because it can cause a dropped brow.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and forehead lines

+1

From the photo you've posted, it looks as though a small amount of Botox to that area will help soften the lines. Yes, too much Botox injected in the forehead will cause your brow to droop, but carefully placed injections to that active region will settle things down.

Sam Naficy, MD

The "Mr. Spock" look following Botox can be treated

+1

Sometimes treatment of the frown lines and forehead lines leaves a peaked eyebrow. We cal that the Mr. Spock or Jack Nicholson look. A small dot of Botox just above these peaked brows can soften the look with minimal drooping of the brow.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

A Bit More Botox is Needed

+1

You just need a small amount of botox into the wrinkled areas. The underlying problem is that too much botox into the forehead will cause the brows to drop, but you also see what too little can do. Botox injected into the forehead is truly an art- you want lines diminshed, brows raised (not dropped), and an overall smoothing that still looks good and healthy. The good news is that you can accomplish all of these things in the right hands. Look for a different injector next time. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The risks of injecting into those areas is an eye brow lateral droop. which looks far worse than a few horizontal lines above the eyebrows. 

Too much Botox

+1

What has happened here is that you have had too much weakening of the muscles in the central brow.  Now when you raise your eyebrows, the only area of the muscle left functioning is the portion over the outer eyebrow arch, hence the lines that are bugging you.  Your central brow has likely fallen relative to the outer brow as well.  The slanted peaky eyebrow look is the result.  The only way to fix this for now is to have a TINY amount of Botox injected where the creases are.  Unfortunately, your brow will probably not move at all at that point.  The good news is that everything will eventually wear off. 

I see your result frequently from other injectors, unfortunately.  The injections for the frowner muscles are frequently placed too high over the brow and extend upward from the midline in too much of a 'V' pattern.  This ends up affecting the central forehead muscle (frontalis) like I described above.  This injection pattern is done out of fear of causing ptosis (drooping) of the eyelid (not the brow, but the lid itself).  If injected in the right level in the skin and in small enough quantities, the risk of causing ptosis of the eyelid is extremely low, even when injected right above the brow.  Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in forehead

+1

There is a  delicate balance between lines and treatment and eyebrow action. You can go with a low dose of Botox in the areas of wrinkling, but it may drop your brow.

Improving appearance with Botox touch-up

+1

This happens commonly when the forehead is injected too high above the eyebrows and is easy to correct.  1.25 - 2.5 units of Botox injected at the lateral aspect of your brow will help to smooth those wrinkles and will also soften the arch of your brow.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD