Bumped in Cheek After Juvederm?

I got bumped in the cheek 11 days following a juvederm injection in my cheeks. It was with the hard beak of a baseball cap. It hurt for a while. Could this have affected the placement and/or shape of the juvederm? Thank you.

Mild trauma to cheek after Juvederm injection

+1

As long as there are not visible aesthetic changes, I would assume nothing effected the filler. If you do notice something, you can always return to the office of your injection after any potential swelling from the incident settles. Best of luck!

Bumped in cheek after Juvederm?

+1

It is not likely that a bump to your cheek 11 days after treatment will cause an issue. I would recommend following up with your provider with any concerns and if you notice asymmetry. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm

+1

Does it look different from the other side or compared to before the injury? It's unlikely to affect the outcome after 11 days, but if you're concerned you should see your injector/physician.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Juvederm in the cheek

+1

The Juvederm should not have been affected by the trauma from your cap.  If you are concerned, please return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Injury after Juvederm

+1

At 11 days out, the Juvederm isn't very malleable on its own. A minor trauma like this should not cause any issues.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

No problem

+1

whilst immediate trauma to the injection site could cause adverse sequelae, at 11 days you have nothing to worry about.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump to cheek after Juvederm

+1

A bump to your cheek from a baseball cap 11 days after the Juvederm treatment to your cheeks should not affect your result.  This type of bump should not move the Juvederm that was placed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon