Which High Profile Implants Should I Choose?

Hi guys, I'm 5'2'' 105 pounds. Torn Between the 300cc and the 325cc High Profile Implants. My BA surgery is coming up in 10 days and I'm so confused on what ccs I should get. I either want 300cc or 325cc. I just don't want to look top heavy/ or fat. Please Help!

Implant Size

+2

The difference between a 300 and 325 is a matter of millimeters.  This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Very small difference

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. The difference between 300 cc implants and 325 cc implants is barely noticeable. I would probably recommend 325 just because complaints of implants being too small after surgery are common.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

If 325cc gives you a D-cup, then 300cc will also!

+1

Since 25cc is below the threshold of visibility, you could choose either and be undetectably different. It takes 50-60cc to start to see even the slightest visible change in symmetry, about 100-125cc for half of a bra cup size, around 250cc for one cup size difference, and 360cc = one can of soda, or about one and 1/2 bra cup sizes!

Unless your chest is quite narrow, you may wish to consider moderate plus implants rather than high profile, since HP implants tend to appear rounder and with wide(r) cleavage (i.e., less natural).

But 25cc will not change you from "perfect" to "too large." You will look the same with either, so make sure 300-325cc is the right choice. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

25 cc will not make a visible difference, and you should probably pick either one and not worry much about it.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Those are so similar is size, chances are if you surgeon used one of each you would not likely know which was which. Not knowing how you chose the two alternatives, it is hard to advise. Your surgeon has undoubtedly done more than a few of these--you will get much better advice from someone who has examined you. 

All the best. 

300cc or 325cc Implants

+1

First and foremost, 25cc is only 5 teaspoons of water. In my opinion, either size will not make you look heavy or fat. If the implant is going under the muscle, keep in mind that you will lose a small amount of projection as the muscle flattens the implant slightly. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” or "top heavy" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Given that your surgery is coming up in the near future, I think that the best thing to do for your anxiety and peace of mind would be to request to spend additional time with your plastic surgeon spent communicating your goals.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.