I'm torn between getting just a lift or implants? (photo)

I like to work out and lift weights, I'm scared of something going wrong with the implants, and I'm worried my breasts will sag again by the time I'm 40. My breasts have serious asymmetry, which is the main reason for me wanting surgery.

BBA

+1
You need to be examined in person to determine your best options.  You will likely benefit from both an augment and a small lift.

Breast asymmetry correction with implants, by lifting or both.

+1

Your picture shows significant asymmetry. Your choice of procedure depends on what size you want to be. Implants alone will not work. Your choices are a reduction on the larger breast and a lift to match the size and the shape, bilateral lift with different size implants or reduction of the larger breast and lift of the smaller one with bilateral implants of the same size. This last option will give you the most stable result in long run as you would have the same amounts of your own breast tissue on both sides and the same size implants.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for a breast reduction?

+1

I would suggest a lift + implants+ fat grafting as an alternative option. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions. What is the lighter circumscribed area around your areolae???

It depends on what size breasts you want

+1
Dear Mrs. Hall, If the main goal is correcting the asymmetry then you have several options. It depends on what size breasts you want. Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon wil better define your goals and options. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast lift with AFT

+1

Dear Mrs. Hall,

Based on your pictures and description you are a very good candidate for a breast lift. You may be a candidate for AFT (Autologous Fat Transfer) to your breasts at the same time to address asymmetry and provide fullness in the upper breast and cleavage. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these procedures. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift or not?

+1

I would strongly advise a lift, likely with implants.  Implants would increase your size but you would be left with both nipples low and uneven.  Keep in mind that with the degree of assymetry that you have that although surgery will make you much more even you could still be somewhat uneven when surgery was done.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and/or breast implants?

+1

Mrs. Hall.  You would definitely benefit from bilateral breast lifts with a small reduction on the right side (if you are happy with the size of the left breast).  Or, you could have bilateral breast lifts with different sized breast implants.  It all depends on what you desire as the end result.  As far as something going wrong with your implants, the vast majority of patients do just fine and love that they did it.  It's one of the most satisfying procedures we do. I also have a lot of professional bodybuilders who come her for implants and are glad they had it done.  Many say they felt it improved their rankings in competitions.

Be sure to discuss your desires and concerns in detail with your PS.  I hope it goes well for you.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I'm torn between getting just a lift or implants?

+1

Be sure to visit various websites to view pictures of both breast lifts with implants and without implants.  Also, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to determine the best way to correct your uneven breast size.  He or she may need to perform a combination of procedures including breast augmentation and or breast lift (or mastopexy) to correct the asymmetry.  During the consultation the surgeon will assess you and advise you of your surgical options and what is best suited for you in order to receive the results you are looking for.

Frank Lista, MD

Lift or implants?

+1

From your photos, I would recommend a lift - with or without implants.  I think it will be very hard to get a pleasing contour and more symmetry without a mastpexy.

Good luck with your decision - I recommend having consultations with 1 or more board-certified plastic surgeons to really evaluate your breasts and decide on the best plan with your desires in mind.

Happy Holidays!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD