I'm Torn Btw Butt Enhancement with Either Fat Grafting or Implant?

I want lasting effects. I don't want to pay so much just to have the fat reabsorbed and have to go for touch ups and for the implant I'm not sure if is safe. Help???!!!!!

+1
I perform both buttock implant augmentation and the Brazilian buttlift.   In patients who have fat to transfer, I would recommend the BBL over the buttock implants due to the lower complication profile.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Buttock Augmentation with fat

+1

There are two ways to increase the size of your buttocks - with your own fat, or with implants. I agree that implants can be a good option for someone with limited fat and a desire to be significantly larger. I personally find that using yoru own fat is superior because you get the benefit of the liposuction in addition to the buttock augmentation. You need to find someone who specializes in this procedure because it is not that common. I perform 6-8 BBLs per week and am confident that with excellent technique, the amount of fat loss should only be around 20%.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/buttock-lift-augmentation-new-york-city/

BUTTOCK AUGMENTATION Options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help… @drryanstanton

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM

Brazilian butt lift vs butt implants

+1

Long lasting effects on your buttocks shape can be gotten with both surgeries. All surgeries have risks but the risk is lower if they are performed by a board certified plastic surgeon. Approximately 60-80% of the fat that is grafted or transferred from unwanted areas to the buttocks in the Brazilian buttock lift will remain permanently. The final results can be seen from 3-4 months after surgery. Butt implants have the benefit that their volume doesn’t change through time. It is up to you how much volume you want to add to your butt and the shape you wish to have. If you have some extra pounds maybe a Brazilian butt lift it is the best choice but if you are slim, the implants are the only way for you. Your plastic surgeon and you can discuss what option is better for you. Best wishes