I Am Exactly 1 Month PO, is It Ok to Sleep Without my Sports Bra at This Point? (photo)

I was a 34A before my BA. I have 360cc implants placed submuscular. My incision is in the crease and healing great! The scar is so thin and small. I am in shape, 5'5" and weigh 105 lbs.

Post-op Bra after Breast Augmentation

+3

I have my patients wear their sports bra all the time for 6 weeks.  The reason is - scars (on the inside, around your implant and on the outside) are the strongest they are going to ever be at 6 weeks, so you know that the implant is positioned where you want it to be at that point.  You have a great result! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Ok to Sleep Without my Sports Bra

+2

Your surgeon knows you, knows what was done, and has followed your recovery. This question about post op care is best addressed to him/her. Many surgeons would not ask you to wear a bra at night at this stage, some would want six weeks.

All the best. 

Sports bra likely not necessary at 1 month breast augmentation post-op

+1

I would discuss that with your surgeon. Every surgeon will have a somewhat different post-operative regimen, but most surgeons would agree that using a sports bra or surgical bra to hold shape and position of the implants is not necessary at 1 month. There are some instances where it may be useful depending on the technical details of the surgery, so it is important to check with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drthomasmustoe.com/breast-surgery/breast-augmentation-faq.cfm

I Am Exactly 1 Month PO, is It Ok to Sleep Without my Sports Bra at This Point?

+1

Again this is a post operative question that is very specific to the surgeon you selected. Best to call or see him/her to ask. 

Sports Bra after Breast Augmentation

+1

I prefer for my breast augmentation patients to wear sports bra for six weeks day and night after surgery. The sports bra is more comfortable, prevents swelling, and promotes better symmetry.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Sports bra after surgery

+1

Yes, the sports bra is for comfort after 4 weeks.  Anything comfortable will do, except for underwire.

Web reference: http://diehlplasticsurgery.com/gallery/breast-surgery-gallery/breast-augmentation.html

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Although it is probably ok to sleep without a bra, this is a question you need to ask your surgeon. Every surgeon is different. I ask my patients to wear a bra at night for 6 weeks.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Support garments after breast augmentation

+1

Hello 'Kdsbmacon13', thanks for your question.  At one month, it should be safe to sleep without a sports bra if the wounds are healing well as you mention.  However, it is important to note that our bodies change as we get older, and the effects of gravity and time can gradually take their toll.  This is especially true if you are small-framed with minimal soft tissue coverage and support prior to placement of larger implants.  Although the results may look aesthetic now, with time the weight of the implants can gradually lead to sagging and bottoming out, sometimes resulting in a double-bubble effect.  This is why it is a good idea to support your implants with some sort of sports bra or support garment to minimize the effects of gravity over time.  If your sports bra is too tight and uncomfortable, it may be worth visiting your local lingerie store to find something that fits and is more comfortable.  Hope that helps! -Dr.92660

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon