Topical Treatments to Aid Fraxel Results for Melasma?

I've had 4 Fraxel Laser treatments and it seemed to lighten the melasma. However, it was never completely gone. After almost a year, it seems that my melasma spots are getting darker again. My question is, should I be using topicals afterwards to prevent the melasma from returning?

Obagi can help with Melasma

+1

Melasma can be very stubborn and recurring. You may have to get started on Obagi Newderm system with Tretinoin for at least 4 1/2 months and get your skin condition evaluated to see if you need longer therapy. If after 4 months melasma seems gone, you still are going to have to continue using topicals in smaller dosage to maintain results. Make sure you are under your doctor supervision when using Obagi Newderm topicals, since this is very strong medication and there are specific ways of using it. Good news is it is very effective.

Cosmelan Peel for Melasma

+1

Hi Kristina,

Cosmelan peels are a great treatment for melasma. Speak to your physician about having a treatment. The peel is applied in the physicians office and then you may leave. It stays on for about 8 hours then washed off. You then peel for about 5-7 days. The results are impressive.

Good luck.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD