Topical Treatment to Remove Scar on Knee?

I was running and then I slipped on ice and got a cut that's about 2 inches by 1, and I got it about a month ago. I started putting Prefer-on on it and I see no results, and I've been doing it for about 2 weeks. Is there any product I can use that will help? I don't want any surgery or anything just a product you recommend. I don't know if this will help but I am female and I'm 14 years old. Thank you.

Melaquin PM for scar improvement

+1

Topical improvement of scars can be acheived in most cases with twice daily application of Melaquin PM to reduce color changes and improve scar quality. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar on knee

+1

I would recommend any over the counter silicone gel preparation with sunblock. Unfortunately, at your age, it is very common for scars to remain red for well up to two years.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.