Topical Treatment for Acne and Rosacea?

I'm 25 and have mild but persistent acne symptoms. I've seen a dermatologist and I may have adult acne, rosacea, or both. I am looking for a topical that works for both mild acne and rosacea. Would Differin or another retinoid be best? I am trying to steer clear of antibiotics.

Treatment of acne and rosacea

+1

There are many good treatments for acne prone skin and ones predisposed to rosacea.  It would be best to see a borad certified dermatologist and one who is also interested in nonprescription treatments of acne in order to get you on the right path to healthy skin.  I would be happy to send you a word document I wrote entitled 'Acne Prone Skin'.   Lots of good information.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne and rosacea

+1

There are lots of great treatments that work for both acne and rosacea, but you need to see a dermatologist to get the prescriptions, so discuss this with your doctor or seek a second opinion.  Don't lose hope or give up!

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.