Can a Topical Cream, with a Wrap Help with Turkey Neck? I Am 38 and Can't Afford Surgey.

My husband is coming home in December from a 2 year tour. He is in great shape and through hard work I have lost 65 pounds but I am 2 years older than my husband. Our insurance will not even touch a neck lift. So would using a topical cream and wrapping my neck help at all?

Have You Looked into Ultherapy?

+1
First of all, congratulations on losing the weight. I do understand your concern and it is one that is shared with many of my patients that have lost a significant amount of weight.

While there are many procedures to aid in the loose skin after weight loss, there are options out there for you to explore.

One popular treatment is Ultherapy,  a non-invasive FDA approved procedure to lift skin on the
neck, under the chin and on the eyebrow. Ultherapy uses ultrasound and the body’s own healing process to lift and tighten loose skin. This has been successful on it's own or in combination with mini procedures for those who want more dramatic results. I think this could be a good option to consider. Most importantly, talk to a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation to find out what is best for YOU.

No Topical Creams for Turkey Neck

+1

There are no topical creams or wraps for a turkey neck, and a turkey neck is only amenable to a face and neck lift.

Creams, Lotions and Exercises Do Not Help Loose Skin

+1

Creams, Lotions and Exercises Do Not Help Loose Skin. Save your money  on topical creams, lotions, and neck exercises. They are all a waste of money and will not help you. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Only neck lift will correct loose skin and muscle bands.

+1

Hi.

I understand your anxiety, but your "problem" is mild, and you look fine.   Don't waste money on "non invasive" procedures.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Would be nice..

+1

There is no cream that will fix what is bothering you.  You need the muscles, skin and underlying tissues tightened.  First choice would be a well performed conservative cheek lift and platysmaplasty.  Less invasive and less predictable would be Ultherapy.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a Topical Cream or Wrap Help with Turkey Neck?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no topical treatment to tighten the neck skin to the degree that you're looking for. There are ultrasound-based or radiofrequency skin tightening treatments that will result in improvement in your neck without the cost or downtime of a necklift. Congratulations on the weight loss and your upcoming reunion with your husband!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Topical cream and wrap for neck

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss, as that is a significant accomplishment.  But in my opinion, I do not believe that any topical cream with or without a wrap would give any improvement to tightening the neck.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon