Breast pain 13 months post op. Any ideas as to what it could be? (photo)

I have pain in my right Brest it feels like a bruise on the inside. When I lie on my belly it feels tight, and when I press on it, anywhere on it it feels like a bruise or a pulled muscle, my ps said not to worry that it is probably nerve pain. It has feels like this since day one and it is not getting any better.......please help me find out what's going on.

Late Breast Pain

+2

The most common causes of breast pain occurring are capsular contracture, nerve pain and musculoskeletal pain. If it has been present from the beginning, nerve pain is possible. Vitamin B6 can be helpful. Crease and shape asymmetries typically do not cause pain unless contracture is present. Sometimes patients overexert themselves and develop muscular pain which should be temporary. I have also found that smokers are more likely to develop pain which may be on an ischemic basis. 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain 13 Months After Breast Augmentation

+2

Breast pain after breast augmentation should resolve much more quickly. The pictures do not give enough information to make an opinion about the cause of the pain. Could the subpectoral pocket be too tight? Hard to say based on pictures. 

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after augmentation

+2
There are many possible causes of pain in the region of the breast. If the right breast is firmer than is the left, a capsular contracture may be a likely cause. If both sides are soft, then another cause. Your surgeon's explanation might well be correct. Without more infor and an exam, a diagnosis is not likely to come. Discuss with your surgeon, or get a second opinion.
All the best.

Breast Surgery

+1
Thanks for the question, I would be thinking about a capsular contracture at this point, that being said if it was not obvious on clinical exam I would probably send you for an MRI

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1

Based on your pictures, it looks like you're developing a double bubble deformity on your right breast.  This can be caused by a number of things but a capsular contracture can contribute to this.  I would be concerned about this from your description of that breast feeling tight/hard.  You should see your PS about this.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)