The Top of my Nose, Each Side of Bridge Throbs, Is That Normal?

Hi, I am three and 1/2 weeks post op from my Rhinoplasty. I have noticed that sometimes it feels like the top of my bridge throbs and has a dull ache feeling, its also really swollen. Is this normal?

Throbbing and Pain Post-Rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 1/2 weeks this could all be normal, but if there is any doubt see your surgeon to be sure.

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty pain

+1

In the immediate post rhinoplasty period swelling is always present. Pain varries from patient to patient and occurs in different locations in the nose. The nasal tip, for exampl, can feel numb for months All this wil.l pass.

Swelling and discomfort after rhinoplasty

+1

You are soon after your surgery.  If you had osteotomies with the rhinoplasty it is normal to have some discomfort and definitely swelling.  This generally resolves within the first 2-3 months.  Donald R Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Pain and swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

During many rhinoplasties, the surgeon may need to shave down the bone on the bridge and break the sides to narrow the nose. This may lead to some pain and throbbing that may last up to six weeks while the bone heals like any other bone in the body.

Swelling usually persists longer than that.  Although most of the swelling is down after about three months, some swelling will still last for up to one year.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/face/rhinoplasty-westchester-ny/