Scar Tissue Around Implants After Lumpectomy with Radiation

I have on top of muscle implants, lumpectomy with radiation. Scar tissue bothers me, what are odds of new implants?

Irradiated breast reconstruction

+1

If your breasts appeared to be scarred in from radiation, you may want to think of alternative breast reconstruction proceudres to improve the results.

Lumpy irradiated breast reconstruciton

+1

Probably the best way to remove or soften the scar tissue is to excise thsi and replace with autogenous tissue reconstructions. However, any lump in a reconstructed breast warrants evaluation.

Reconstruction after Lumpectomy & Radiation

+1

Radiation therapy often leads to significant problems with recontruction and wound healing.  Your situation could possibly be improved with incorporation of acellular dermal matrix and movement of your implant to a submuscular position.  I agree that more info and a photo would ve helpful.

John Whitt, MD

More information please

+1

You have implant breast reconstruction and radiation. The scar formation after the radiation is very common and the problem is not the implant. Replacing the implants will not fix this.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon