Will Top Lip Reduction Raise the Lip Part/stomion?

When performing lip reductions, most notably top lip reductions, does the stomion (lip part) raise higher? I feel like my top lip is very full and my stomion is lower than it should be dragging my lower third of the face down and visually elongating it. It is hard to explain..and it may be just in my head. The ideal proportions has it that the lip part should be at 1/3 of the lower 1/3 section of the face. Thank you for your time!

Relationships of all the components about the lip are the key to a great result.

+1

Success in deciding for a lip lift depends on many factors:

• Patients who have a short turned up nose tend to end up with a too visible scar
  • Patients who have a longer nose and are older get great results.
  • Patients who have a short chin will need chin-jowl augmentation as a combined technique
  • Patients who have had prior injectables unless they are permanent need to await some resolution of the product.  On the other hand, in may be appropriate to enhance the vermillion as well.

You need to see a plastic surgeon who has an artistic eye and does not limit his view to the lip.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift and Upper Lip Reduction

+1

There are a variety of ways in which to perform an upper lip lift or lip reduction.  Depending upon the specific problem, a lip lift can shorten the hieght of the lip (reduce the vertical amount of skin),  help roll out or show more of the upper pink part of the lip (vermilion), and/or elevate the corners (commissures) of the mouth.  Given your discription, you may be a good candidate for a lip lift procedure.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon