If You Use Toothpaste Without Fluoride Will You Get Cavities?

I suffer from Hypothyroidism and in my research, they say that fluoride is not good for people with low functioning thyroid. I heard many different things about the importance of fluoride. Is it essential or can I get away without it? Thank you very much

Toothpaste Without Fluoride Will Not Necessarily Result in Cavities

Whether or not you will get cavities is dependent on multiple factors, some of which are: diet, oral hygiene, genetics, fluoridated water as a child, and finally, fluoride toothpaste. Remember, you are not ingesting the fluoride in the toothpaste. It will not get into you systemically, just by brushing.