If You Use Toothpaste Without Fluoride Will You Get Cavities?

I suffer from Hypothyroidism and in my research, they say that fluoride is not good for people with low functioning thyroid. I heard many different things about the importance of fluoride. Is it essential or can I get away without it? Thank you very much

Toothpaste Without Fluoride Will Not Necessarily Result in Cavities

+1

Whether or not you will get cavities is dependent on multiple factors, some of which are: diet, oral hygiene, genetics, fluoridated water as a child, and finally, fluoride toothpaste. Remember, you are not ingesting the fluoride in the toothpaste. It will not get into you systemically, just by brushing.

New York Cosmetic Dentist