Which Tooth is the Problem, What Treatment Do I Need to Eliminate Pain with Least Trauma to my Teeth?

6 months ago #31 had new gold crown because it was cracked. It is cold sensitive and since placement, #30 now has pressure sensitive pain. Neither sensitivity is constant. Does #31 need more time to heal? Why did #30 start hurting after crown#31 was done? Might pain be referred? Might upper tooth now be causing pain to #30 because of change in bite from #31? #30 does hurt when I eat foods that need a lot of chewing. What are symptoms of dead tooth or infections? what specialist can help me Dx?

Which Tooth Is Causing My Pain?

+1

The answer to your question is very difficult to answer without you being present for an exam and x-ray.  It could be either tooth 30 or 31.  It could be the bite.  You may be grinding bruising one of the teeth.  The nerve could be dying in number 31 and the tooth would need a root canal. I recommend that you see a dentist soon for an evaluation before you end up with a really bad toothache.  Good luck. 

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Could be the pressure

+1

Xrays are necessary to answer this question, however, based on your description, it seems that number 30 started hurting because the pressure its receiving. Remember the bite force is enormous and that could be causing the pain on tooth 30. Xrays are necessary to give a proper diagnose. Thank you.

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Diagnosing a painful tooth.

+1

A radiograph would be very helpful here, but I can suggest two possibitlies: one is referred pain from #31 since they are connected to the same nerve, second possibility is that the bite on #31 gold crown is slightly lower than the original tooth causing more pressure on #30 which can make it sensitive to pressure.  You can have the bite evaluated or you can just give a little more time if it's not bothering too much.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Which tooth is the problem?

+1

No answer would be appropiate without an exam and radiographs, common sense says start with #31 but keep in mind a tooth can go bad at anytime for any number of reasons good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist