What Can I Do if I Have One Tooth I Want to Straighten Out?

I had braces when I was younger and I am now 24. I have one tooth that bothers me. It is no longer straight like the rest of my teeth. It bothers me and I would love to fix it any way possible! What can I do to fix it?

Use an active retainer to move one tooth.

+2

I have had some success using a traditional active retainer to push a single tooth back into alignment. This is the removable type with the wire that most teenagers usually get after braces.  It uses a spring or wire to move the tooth. You must wear it most of the day and all night and may take 2-4 weeks depending on how crowded out it is.

Once the tooth is back in alignment you will have to either get a permanent retainer (wire bonded to the back of the teeth) or wear a removable final retainer which can be the clear invisalign type. You will have to wear it day and night for about 3months to set the tooth in its new possition. Then every night for up to one year. It is recommended to keep wearing it long term for 3-4 nights per week to prevent relapse.

Hope this helps

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist