Tooth Sensitivity After Permanent Crown Placement, Also Affecting Non-Crowned Teeth?

I recently had a permanent crown placed on the upper molar on my left side. After placement, cold sensitivity set in, mostly around the recently crowned tooth. Everything online and from my dentist said it should go away within a week, possibly two. It has been over a month and the sensitivity is getting more intense with each interaction with something even slightly cold and the teeth below the crowned tooth are also starting to feel sensitive to cold. What went wrong and what can fix it?

Sensitive teeth after a crown

+1

It is possible that the filling under the crown may have disturbed the nerve and the nerve is reacting to it. This usually settles down after a few days. If not, it can mean that a root canal may be needed. If the pain increases when you are biting down on it then the crown may need a bite adjustment which should not take long to fix at your dentist.

Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist

Crown sensitive after placement

+1

Cold sensitivity is normal with a newly placed restoration. 

It does sound like your bite may be off.

Go see your dentist and have them check the bite 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Sensitivity After Crown Placement

+1

It sounds like your "bite" is not correct. The dentist must make sure that your upper (crown) and lower teeth meet each other properly when you close your teeth together as well as in all movements of your jaw.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth sensitivity after placing a crown

+1

When you place a new crown and the tooth is sensitive, usually it will go away after couple weeks. When there is a big cavity and it is close to nerve can be a reason to have sensitivity and roor canal recommended, also %5-10% of cases after preparation for the crown turn to having sensitivity due to different reasons and root canal should be done. Have consultation with your dentist. 

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Sensitivity After Permanent Crown Placement

+1

Cold sensitivity should subside gradually within weeks.  The fact that its getting worse should be further investigated.  An xray would show whether or not the crown is well fitting.  Sometimes, the cement used can be too acidic.  Also, the bite may need to be adjusted.  If all else fails, the crown should be removed, a new temporary crown made and worn for a while to see what happens with the sensitivity.  Should the sensitivity persist, a root canal may be in order.  The sensitivity on the other teeth could be due to "reffered pain".

Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist