Took a Sauna 5WPO Now my Left Side Tummy Tuck Scar Looks Red? (photo)

Without thinking I took an infrared sauna yesterday and I am almost 5WPO tummy tuck, my scar looks a lot more red on one side now, all around it. Is this a cause for concern? I will call my PS tomorrow but I attached pics to get some opinions. I have an old tattoo there you can see in the pics.

Took a Sauna 5WPO Now my Left Side Tummy Tuck Scar Looks Red?

+1

After a tummy tuck the sensory nerves take a while to grow back and you can burn yourself very easily without feeling the heat source.  You may also have some superficial sutures revealing themselves as well. In the more superficial layer of the skin the enzymes to breakdown the absorbable sutures are at a decreased  concentration so instead of dissolving the suture the body reacts to it causing a suture abscess.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Redness of Incision Line 5 Weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1

The redness of the incision line could be due to infection or burn, but the sutures could be causing the inflammation.

Questions about healing after an abdominoplasty

+1

Your problem may or may not be related to your sauna..  Since the skin of the abdomen will have decreased sensation you can easily burn yourself.  It does not appear that you have a burn.  It appears that several of the buried suture knots have migrated to the surface and are superficially infected.  You should see your plastic surgeon to have an examination and have these sutures removed.  

Tummy Tuck Scar Looks Red

+1

it looks like there are some sutures at the surface. Having your surgeon look at these and remove them should resolve the problem. Best wishes.