Got Hit in Nose 7 Wks Post-op Rhino with Medpor; Something's Now Poking, the Implant?

Implant put in the septum/placed in ear cartilage.After the blow, the hump (dorsum?) on down was pink-purple-no blood/or pus.In 3 days,it's mostly down, no redness, some tenderness.However, post-op swelling seemed 60-80% resolved before hit,now back at 50% & the sides/tip keep refilling w/fluid. (Implant was pinched to narrow sides.)Tip's bulbous,slightly tight, & sore.I felt a poking inside my nose before the blow & do after more so. Could I have broken part of the y-shaped implant? Sutures?

Trauma to a post operative nose

+1

It is certainly possible that you have a problem especially with pending exposure of your Medpor implant.  It is unlikely that the implant would break.  you should be checked as soon as possible to rule out potential exposure problems which would necessitate removal of the implant.  

Nasal Trauma after Rhinoplasty with Medpore Implant

+1

Thank you for the question. I am sorry, but I can not fully understand your situation. However if you have had a Rhinoplasty with a Medpore implant and are now having ongoing tenderness and fluid accumulation, I think you should have your surgeon take a look. It is uncommon for an implant to break, but it can shift or get infected after trauma. I hope this helps. Take care.

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon