Too Young for a Breast Lift?

I'm 19 and I have saggy boobs! I have gone up and down with my weight my whole life and my nipples point down. My doctor says they will shrink and lift but is that really true? Everyone in my family has perky boobs but me.

Breast lift at young age

It is absolutely appropriate to undergo a breast lift at a young age.

As with many other surgeries, there is a prevailing thought that breast lifts are only there to correct droop that occurs with aging.

However they are very appreciated by patients who were self conscious about the appearance of their breasts.

You can discuss what effect if any a breast lift will have on nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

120 S Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Breast lifts can restore the shape and volume to your breasts

Hello - 19 is not too young for a breast lift. However, you may need a repeat lift in the future. As long as your weight is stable for 3 months, you should be okay to pursue a lift. The type of lift you need will most likely be around the areola, straight down from the areola, and possibly a horizontal component. It's difficult to determine without examining you. The recovery is very straightforward with minimal pain and downtime. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

10807 Falls Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093

Breast lift candidate?

You are a great candidate for a breast lift.  Because your nipples currently point downward, it would be possible to raise them and decrease their diameter as a part of the procedure.  You would also be able to improve your symmetry.

David Stoker, MD

4640 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Breast Lift Surgery & Age

It’s not unusual for patients to have breast sag following fluctuations in their weight. When breast sag develops in this manner, the skin doesn’t shrink and snap back. It doesn’t lift the breast back into a normal position. Under these circumstances, a breast lift is the only way to fix breast sag.

Completion of breast growth and stabilization of weight are necessary before proceeding with breast lift surgery. In some cases, breast reduction surgery may be necessary as well.

We have no absolute age cut-off for breast lift surgery. Depending on the patients age parental involvement may be necessary. It’s important that each patient be considered on an individual basis, because no two patients are exactly the same. When younger patients are considering breast lift surgery, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Too young for a breast lift

I do not think you are too young for a breast lift.   You have a fair degree of asymmetry which can also be corrected with a breast lift.   It is likely that you will eventually require another breast lift after children, but I think you will see a profound improvement at your age.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Not too young for a breast lift

There are many different types of breast lift and each one is designed to take care of increasing degrees of breast sagging or ptosis.  Some women just develop large ptotic breasts.   Unfortunately there are no short cuts with breast lift surgery.  Many times the patients would prefer a lift with less incisions but it is not always possible.  A plastic surgeon will be able to examine you and select the correct operation to meet your expectations.  In you case with the amount of breast tissue below the inframammary crease you will need at least a vertical mastopexy and possibly an anchor type.  This will give you the beast result.

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Too Young for a Breast Lift

I think that the condition of the patient is an important factor in determining if she is the right age for this procedure.  Age nineteen is not too young if you have the conditions requiring a breast lift. I would get an evaluation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

4208 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027

Too young for a breast lift...

There is no age limit for a breast lift. A breast lift to provide perkier breasts can be performed. If you are at a stable weight then I would recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be examined and to be sure you are a candidate for this procedure. Best of luck to you.

Jaime Perez, MD

307 South MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33609

Breast Lift Candidate?

Based on your description of weight loss and  after viewing your photograph,  I think you will do well with breast lifting surgery. There are a variety of different ways to improve the position and size of your breasts.  Exactly the procedure that is performed depends on your goals in regards to size, shape, superior pole volume etc.

Breast lifting procedures are associated with scars on the breasts;  exactly where these scars will be located will depend on the patient's physical examination and specific procedure performed. Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be the best place to start.  As you do your “homework” you will learn about the potential risks/complications.  Also consider issues such as timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances ( such as relationships and/or pregnancies). Ideally, it is best to to these procedures when you have completed pregnancies and are in a long-term stable psychosocial situation.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Age for Breast lift?

At age 19 you are finished growing and a breast lift procedure can safely be performed.  You have quite a bit of asymmetry, this needs to be corrected at the same time.  Visit with a Board Certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

4911 South 118 Street
Omaha, NE 68137