I Think My Implants Are Too Small- Advice?

hello to all. I am success from oslo norway. I am a african norwegian. I had a breast surgery 3weeks ago with 300cc but i am not happy with the size. I think it is abit too small. I had a wonder surgery with out any problem but the next running into my head is that is it a little bit too small for my liking. i want to get 350cc What is your advice

Implant Exchange is Possible after Suitable Period

+1

Hi there-

It is very important to allow the appropriate period of time to elapse for the shape of your new breasts to evolve before you make any determination about whether a larger implant would make you happier.

Follow all instructions carefully and give it 3-6 months.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

What to do when breast implants are too small

+1

Many women feel their breast implants are too small right after surgery, that is why it is so important to be sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page when it comes to deciding the size. I have my patients do the "rice test" which helps tremendously in getting the right size. I would recommend that you wait six months before deciding to change the size. You may find that you are happy the way they are and 50cc will not make a big difference.It is possible that for your height and size 300cc is the most natural look.If after six months you still are not happy, talk to your surgeon about going larger. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/breast-augmentation.html

If present breast implants are too small, 50cc will not make much improvement!

+1

I am glad your surgery went well and your recovery has been uneventful--save for being too small. While I agree with my colleagues that 3 weeks post-op is too soon to consider re-operation, unfortunately as time goes by you will only feel smaller still as swelling reduces and your implants settle. So it is indeed likely you will want re-operation for placement of larger implants when you and your surgeon agree the time is right. (I generally tell my patients that 3 months is an appropriate minimal time before re-operation is advisable, though there can be exceptions).

The real question is: how much bigger will be "big enough?"

50cc "sounds" as if it is a noticeable difference, but you must understand that 50cc is equal to 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of volume. Put that amount in a drinking glass and imagine this volume distributed over an entire breast. Most of us will tell you that you probably can't even tell this difference in your body.

Ways to think about this are: 360cc equals one can of soda pop; it takes about 250cc to equal about one bra cup size; 50cc is less than 2 ounces (less than 1/6th of a can of pop)!

I think you would not notice a 50cc increase, and would therefore recommend either adding100cc (or more, depending on how much larger you wish to be), or not having surgery for only 50cc increase.

If, for example, you want to be about 1/2 bra cup size larger than your present appearance, you should add around 125cc per side; if you want a full bra cup size larger, then about 200-250cc. I know these numbers sound large, but you or your surgeon have already underestimated once. I hope this helps! Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Wait 3 to 6 months than decide if an increase is what you really need/want. Never rush into another operation after such an early post op time frame. 

When Breast Implants are Too Small

+1

You didn't say how you and your plastic surgeon arrived at the decision to use 300cc implants. If you have a very small frame and tight skin it may have been that a larger implant would not have been a good choice. Whatever the reason, 3 weeks is very early, too early to know what your final result will be. Give it 6 months to allow the implant to fully settle and for any inflammation to subside. If you are still unhappy, you should be able to safely increase your volume but you will still be limited by your frame and breast width. Also, a change of 50 cc is not that great so be sure it is worth the additional cost and risk to have a second procedure.

Web reference: http://www.breastsurgeryindianapolis.com/

Breast Implants Too Small

+1

While you ultimately may still decide that your breast are too small, I would recommend waiting at least 3 to 4 months before making a decision.  There is always a time period early after surgery where patients are unsure whether they like their size.  Many of these patients are ultimately happy with their size after 3 to 4 months.  If you are still wanting to go larger at that time, then you should go ahead and change to larger implants. 

Breast Implants Too Small?

+1

Considering that you are only 3 weeks out of your surgery, I would suggest that you wait an additional 3 to 6 months before you make a final judgment/determination about the breast size. You may be surprised to find at that time that you are pleased with the results of surgery.

In the meantime, I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm