Is 62 Too Old for Fraxel Repair?

This may actually be a perfect age for this procedure

+1

While it is impossible to say without seeing you, I find that many 62 year olds are perfect for this procedure.  It is always a challenge to say who is and isn't, but go to someone in your area with a good reputation and see if they feel you are OK for it.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Fraxel repair in 62 Year Old

+1

Hi Gran,

Fraxel repair is effective on all skin of all ages. Most 62 year olds are excellent candidates for Fraxel repair. After careful examination, you and your physician need to have an honest conversation about your expectations and your physicians thoughts about what the laser treatment can realistically accomplish for you. I have found that planning a second Fraxel repair treatment in advance usually sets realistic expectations that can be met or surpassed. Most importantly, choose your treating physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel Repair

+1

There is no age limit for Fraxel repair laser resurfacing. However, your expectations should be carefully outlined with your treating doctor. At 62, gravitional aging in the face can be the primary issue. While lasers such as Fraxel Repair can significantly improve your skin, they have limited effect in terms of gravitational aging.

John Burns, MD