Tonsillectomy and a Septoplasty Surgeries Together?

Can I have a tonsillectomy and a septoplasty performed at the same time, or will I need to plan time off of work for two separate surgeries and recoveries?

Tonsillectomy and septoplasty can be done together

+1

Tonsillectomy and septoplasty can easily be done simultaneously.  They are both done under general anesthesia and each procedure takes approximately a half an hour to perform.  There will be much more pain and discomfort from the tonsillectomy than the septoplasty. 

Yes, it is possible to do simultaneously

+1

Yes it is possible to do both surgeries simultaneously, especially if the tonsils are not very large and the patient does not have sleep apnea. 

Babak Larian, MD

Simultaneous septoplasty and tonsillectomy

+1

I do not advocate operating on both airways (oral and nasal) simultaneously.  I recommend staging the procedures for safety sake.  Good luck :)

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon