Is It Okay to Just Tone Down the Bridge of my Nose Without Changing the Tip? (photo)

I am getting a septo rhinoplasty in TX this September. The PS is going to fix my deviated septum and add some sort of cartilage graft to one side, and is also going to be shaving down the bridge of my nose a tiny bit for cosmetic reasons. I requested that he just barely alter the bridge, but said that I am fine with the tip of the nose. He said this was fine. But now I am wondering if it is okay to tone down the bridge without touching the tip? Or will the septoplasty straighten the tip out?

Is It Okay to Just Tone Down the Bridge of my Nose Without Changing the Tip?

+2

If you like the size and shape of the nasal tip then there's no reason to change it during the Septorhinoplasty.  Septoplasty can make the tip more straight is the front edge of the septum is crooked, otherwise it has no effect on the size and shape of the nasal tip itself. Hope this helps.

Deviated nose

+2

Deviated nose can be caused by deviated septum and septoplasty is needed to straighten the nasal pyramid. Occasionally, asymmetric face may be the culprit. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Nasal Bump Without Changing Tip

+2

Changing your septum will not refine your wide tip, which I feel should be done to improve your nasal appearance. If you're going to have surgery you want to achieve the best possible result.

Will septoplasty alter the nose

+2

septoplasty effects only the interior of the nose for the exterior changes meet again with your surgeon and go over your concerns,

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

The Bridge

+2

Your dorsum (nasal bridge) is your obvious area of greatest concern.  Start there and expand out with your consults for a "balanced nose" concept.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

I think you need one more meeting with your chosen surgeon to "clear"the air. Be sure both of you understand the expected results and the surgical steps to obtain that result.