Ton of stretch marks, will a full Tummy Tuck take care of most of them? Would you recommend Lipo? (photos)

Also, I have a umbilical hernia, will the hernia repair with my health insurance cut down on my cost as I know TTs are cosmetic and insurance doesn't cover it? 2 children, 16, 21 5'7" @ 154 lbs Thanks for your responses in advance.

Weight loss before tummy tuck will improve your results.

+1
Thank you for your question.  A tummy tuck will remove most of the stretch marks below the belly button and the hernia can be repaired at the same operation.

However if you want the best tummy tuck results you should try to lose weight first.  The excess fat beneath the skin will prevent the surgeon from tightening the skin as much as possible.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy tuck help get rid of stretch marks?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
A tummy tuck would get rid of most of your stretch marks. You do not appear to be a good candidate for liposuction alone, unfortunately. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Dr. Kayser

+1
I agree with the answers below - make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery! I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

TT and stretch marks

+1
All of the stretch marks below the navel will disappear after a Tummy Tuck. Also I would highly recommend a muscle repair in order to achieve a flatter abdomen and tapered waist. 
During Tt it is easy to fix an umbilicus hernia and it represents an easy and short procedure during TT 
you have to know if the hernia got repaired as a different procedure (non during TT) the blood circulation of the navel is cut permanently.
So if you are thinking on doing a TT in the near future, I definitely will recommend to do the hernia repair during TT. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with Hernia repair, and stretch mark removal

+1
Thanks for sharing your photos

It appears that a tummy tuck would remove the majority of your stretch marks.  Selective liposuction at the same time can help refine your shape as well.  I also often perform hernia repair at the same time as tummy tuck.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Ton of stretch marks, will a full Tummy Tuck take care of most of them? Would you recommend Lipo?

+1
Tummy tuck with hernia repair and liposuction of the sides will likely produce the best result for you. The tummy tuck will remove most of the stretchmarks.  I usually perform the umbilical hernia repair at the same time at no charge.