Is It Possible to Get a Tummy Tuck and Brazillian Butt Lift at the Same Time?

I'm 48 years old, weight 130 5'3 inches tall that has a little bit of loose skin on the obdominal area due to loss of weight and 3 pregnantcies. I have no waist line or butt. I'm pretty healthy.

Separate tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift

+1

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Yes, BBL and tummy tuck can be performed at the same time. Medically, it is considered safe.  Cosmetically, you may not get the best outcome. Because when you are laying down recovering from your tummy tuck, you will be putting pressure on your butt causing an increased resorption of the newly transferred fat. This will lead to less long lasting take of the fat that was injected into your butt.

For this procedure combination, I recommend that you get liposuction of your abdomen and flanks as the donor site for fat transfer to the butt.  Then, heal for 4-6 months and get a tummy tuck.

If you are going to invest a great deal of time and resources into tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift, don't you want to get the best result you can get.

Be careful what you ask for in Aesthetic Surgery

+1

Hi there-

Please, please, please exercise good judgment and common sense in all of your decision making...

Let's talk about this...

The short answer to your question is yes- they CAN be performed together...

But the real question is: if your goal is to be as safe as possible AND to achieve the best possible appearance in your breasts and in your butt, then I would say that I do not believe doing them together is in your best interests (although it may be in the best interests of your surgeon).

There are many reasons for this, and all are easy to understand. In order for your surgeon to perform, and for you to recover from, an abdominoplasty, you need to be on your back, with a significant amount of your body weight on your butt. There is no doubt that this pressure can compromise the "take" of the fat cells grafted into the butt during a BBL and increase the resorption rate- therefore diminishing or eliminating your improvement.

Similarly, recovery performance of, and recovery from a BBL requires you to NOT be on your butt- so most patients spend a lot of time on their stomachs- a very difficult, painful, or impossible position to be in right after a tummy tuck. In order to make it possible for you to comfortably lie on your abdomen after a tummy tuck, we would have to alter the operation, therefore limiting your improvement from it.

So- doing them together can be done if you are willing to accept a poorer outcome from both than you might have achieved from them independently.

Most patients spending their hard earned money to achieve aesthetic improvement would want the very highest level of safety, and the greatest likelihood of achieving their very best appearance. This would not be the way to do it.

Armando Soto, MD

The new Mommie makeover

+1

It certainly is!  In fact, this is a new variant in what we call a mommiemakeover.  More and more patients like yourself are getting both of these operations done in combination.  You can suction the abdominoplasty specimen out completely without regard to what you leave behind because that gets discarded anyhow.  This way, you use up every bit of tissue that can help to make your body more shapely and optimize that critical waist-to-hip ratio!

Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD