What procedures would you suggest for me after 2 C-Sections? Tummy Tuck or Liposuction? (photos)

I have had 2 kids both delivered via c-section. As you can see I have a pouch above my scar and excess "something" either fat or skin. It is more pronounced when I'm in a plank position--it hangs. I'm 37, 5'3" and weigh 116 (I am working on losing 5 lbs.) What course of action do you suggest?

Procedure after c-section

+2
Hello and thank you for the excellent photos. 
I believe you would do best by getting a full tt.
This will allow the ps to tighten your loose muscles and also get rid of the loose skin just above the belly button. Liposuction alone will not give you a satisfactory result.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck and C-section scar revision should work for you.

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your photograph I do not believe that you have enough skin for a full tummy tuck without the scar being unacceptably high on your abdomen.  A mini tummy tuck with C-section scar revision should give you the result that you want.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Mini Tummy tuck for lower abdominal fullness and skin excess

+1
HI,
Based on your picture, I would recommend a lower abdominoplasty ("mini") with liposuction. Your upper abdomen is fairly thin with a good contour. The lower abdominoplasty would remove the lower skin laxity and also allow tightening of the muscle which has  been stretched by your two pregnancies. The scar can be placed very low (below the c-section scar even) and should not be visible when you wear underwear. I hope this helps.

All my best,
Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. liposuction

+1
This is a very common question from patients and really requires an in person exam and explanation of what each procedure can accomplish.  You look to also be a candidate for liposuction combined with a mini-tummy tuck.  However, less improvement in the upper abdomen and no muscle tightening are usually accomplished with that approach.  Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

What procedures would you suggest for me after 2 C-Sections? Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1
You have redundant skin of the lower abdomen.  The surgery that will address your concern is a tummy tuck.  I also prefer to perform liposuction to help contour the waist line with the tummy tuck.  I would make the incision low enough to remove the old C-section scar.  One more thing, if the upper abdominal skin is a bit too tight, you may require a short (2-3 cm) vertical scar as well as the low horizontal scar to ensure that the closure is not under too much tension.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1
I chose a mini TT with lipo of hips/mid/upper abdomen as my decision for you based only on the posted photos./// 

+1
A short scar tummy tuck will remove loose skin and tighten the muscles to produce a nice, flat, tight abdomen.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
Based on your pictures, a tummy tuck may give you a much more dramatic result since liposuction does not improve loose skin.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Post pregnancy tummies need Tummy Tuck

+1
Post pregnancy tummies need a fix ot tummy tuck.  That is with or without c-sections.  Don't let anything change your mind about it, because anything else will disappoint you.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

+1
Thank you for your question and excellent photos.  You seem to have a belly that plastic surgeons would love to work on because it is one that will respond beautifully to a full tummy tuck.  The only thing you have to be clear on is that it is a trade-off and the appearance of the scar is not totally predictable.  So you have to be prepared to have a visible scar instead of the hanging and suprapubic pouch.  Your experienced board-certified plastic surgeon can help you better by showing you sample photos of similar bellies.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS