I have been told that a ND Yag 1064 Laser is only good to remove blue veins 1mm or Less? ...Is this True?

I have been told by a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon that a ND Yag 1064 Laser for blue Temple veins is only good to remove blue veins 1mm or Less? ...And anything Bigger will Return in week? ...Is this True? ... he said that even after several treatments if the vein was more then 1mm, it will definitaly return within weeks?

Nd YAG and Temple veins

+1
Most temple veins are not spider veins but become bulgy and noticeable and therefore not emenable to topical laser. They would have to be injected with sclerosant or removed by microphlebectomy. Seek a vein specialist - American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine.

I can't remember the last time I saw a spider vein on the temple ! They are usually bulging veins (varicose) and prominent when people chew, talk, etc. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Laser vein treatment

+1

Yes, it is true that larger veins are not as easily treated with Laser as smaller veins.  Yes, about 1-1.5 mm is the cut off.  Compression after treatment for 3 days helps prevent the treated veins from coming back.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS