I Was Told Waistline Would Be Smaller Post Op Tummy Tuck, when Will I Expect to See This Change?

I had a tummy tuck and ventral hernia repair 2 weeks ago. My waist measured 27 inches prior to surgery, I just measured and I'm still 27 inches. Surgeon told me waistline was brought in several inches....I'm just not seeing it :(

Waistline after tummy tuck

+2

You are in the early post op period.  It can take up  to 6 months for all swelling to resolve.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Trim waistline after tummy tuck

+2

In order to trim the waistline during tummy tuck, the muscle repair and plication need be significant, and often contouring with liposuction at the flank and waist is needed to obtain the best result. At this early date you will have swelling, and you are better off to get into a shaper such as a Spanx, and wait out the healing.

When Will I See Changes after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Given that you are only 2 weeks out of your tummy tuck surgery it is much too early to expect to see “changes”. I would respectfully suggest that you put away the measuring tape  for at least 2 months.  Generally, I recommend my patients  evaluate the end results of surgery based on the final “look” not on “measurements”.

Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or longer)  for complete skin redraping  to occur.

I would suggest continued patience and follow  up with your plastic surgeon.