How Likely is Scarring with Radiesse?

I was told that Radiesse was very safe with no "real" risks involved. I had it injected into a wrinkle in my forehead. I have since learned that you can develop lumps and even scarring. I would like to know if these issues are a frequent problem with users. I am light skinned but scar easy so I am fearful of this possibilty. How likely is this to happen?

Radiesse and forehead crease

+1
If you are happy with the appearance then chances are you won't have any problem. Scars would result possibly if a lump forms and it is removed surgically. It is uncommon for this to occur.

Lumps more likely than scars

+1

Radiesse must be injected very deeply on the forehead to prevent lumping. Problem is, deeper injections increase the risk of a rare complication with some gel fillers due to compromise of blood circulation from compression or blockage of blood vessels. THIS is what can lead to a scar.

In general, I do not like Radiesse on the forehead for these reasons. I prefer neuromodulation with Botox or Dysport, then just a little Restylane into the etched lines that may remain, being careful not to go too superficial as to cause the Tyndall effect or lumping.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Lumps with Radiesse

+1

Lumps following Radiesse is possible but in skilled hands is less likely. Radiesse is a calcium powder that requires another product to make it injectable (carboxymethylcellulose). This takes about 3 months to occur and even if a lump develops it will generally soften.