Severe Alar Retractions, Over-rotated Tip, Upturned Nose - Rhinoplasty Surgeon Recommendations

i was told by a plastic surgeon in new york , who does rhinoplasty that he wouldn,t do a revision on me because he doesn,t have the expertise in the areas of my problems which is severe alar retractions,with over rotated nasal tip ,in which these have caused notched,upturned,retracted nasal appearance he said there are only a handfull or less revision rhinoplasty surgeons in this country that could possibly fix this for me.can anyone give me names of these very experienced revision surgeons?

Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon recommendations

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find a qualified board, certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Daniel Baker and Dr. George Beraka are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Generally the issues you describe are the result of over-resection of cartilage during the first surgery.

My personal experience with these cases is that they are challenging but rewarding. The ultimate result is not always as refined as you would like. However, the nose can achieve a normal and appropriate appearance, rather than an operated and obviously abnormal one.

Ear cartilage or septal cartilage is often used to reconstruct the nose, especially the tip. By adding back structure, you can typically correct all the issues that you describe.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of an over-rotated tip may be difficult with Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Correction of an over-rotated tip has been described, but I think cartilage grafting for this is un-predictable. You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure to restore some volume to your bridge and tip. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for short nose with alar retractions..

+1

Make sure you see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. Those of us that have done this work for more than 30 years have before/after photos on our websites. Find one that does the type of nose you like and go with that one.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Without evaluating you, it would be difficult to comment on how to approach a revision rhinoplasty for you.  

Revision Nose Surgery

+1
The most challenging operation in Plastic Surgery is Rhinoplasty and REVISION RHINOPLASTY is the most challenging of all Plastic Surgery procedures. Although there are many who enjoy doing ttees operations and who are good at them few are as well known as Dr.Jack Gunter in Dallas. I am sure my colleagues would add other worthy surgeons to this list.

Revision rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

Finding a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon is essential.  Visit the ASPS and ABFPRS websites.  Revision rhinoplasty is a difficult operation that should be performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Alar deformity with revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

There are several of us around the states who would be happy to handle more difficult revision rhinoplasty cases. 

Your quest for the right surgeon to correct your nose is a difficult one, as you will find more surgeons who will not engage in a difficult revision.  Your best bet is to continue consulting with surgeons until you find one who will compassionately, and realistically explain the process and expectations you should have regarding improvement of your results.  

Enclosed is a video testimonial of someone who had been repeatedly recommended to forget about revision.  I beleive her story will help you.

For more detailed recommendations, post some pictures, or feel free to email them directly.

Good luck.

Dr. Torkian

Behrooz Torkian, MD