Would Cheek Augmentation Help Me? (photo)

I am 27 years old but I think I look alot older because of my drooping and hollow cheeks and under the eye hollows. Would cheek augmentation with fillers help me?

Would Cheek Augmentation Help Me?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, from the photo, the right cheek is more flat than the left making the face appear relatively elongated.  Fillers, I prefer Perlane, could be used to augment both cheeks.  I would have to see how full the left cheek was in order to determine the possibility of using Cheek Implants in your particular case.  The fuller cheek always dictates the aesthetic requirements of using Implants on both sides, IMHO. 

The chin is very weak making the lower face appear off balance.  The Chin could be augmented with a Chin Implant.  Lastly, the nose is a bit wide and could be thinned and refined with a Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Injectable Fillers For Cheek and Undereye Hollows As A First Step

+2

Based on your picture you should consider using fillers for your cheeks and under eye hollows first to see if this provides the aesthetic improvement you seek. If this result is positive, then you may consider something more permanent such as cheek implants and fat injections to the under eye hollows.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Cheek augmentation

+1

Hollow cheeks are always best treated by cheek augmentation with silastic cheek implants.  This is done under a brief general anesthesia and is usually a one-time procedure with a very predictable amount of improvement.  Fillers do work, however, their results are temporary and will necessitate redoing them every 4 to 6 months.

Cheek augmentation

+1

I would not recommend cheek implants in your case as the cheek bone seems to have a good projection and shape. I would consider fat grafting to treat the anterior area of the cheek and improve the blending between the eyelid and cheek, disguising the eye bags and the tear trough.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Would Cheek Augmentation Help Me?

+1

The option of cheek fillers or implants is a very easy surgery. I might consider PRP + fat grafting. 

Techniques for Cheek Augmentation

+1

Cheek augmentation will improve your facial proportions and contour. Consult  with a surgeon who uses all techniques; there are advantages and disadvantages to each. Augmentation with an implant is permanent. If you want to avoid surgical intervention consider fillers or the injection of your own fat.

Cheek Augmentation - fillers vs. cheek implants

+1

Flatness in the cheek and under the eyes may be due to drooping of the soft tissue or lack of support from the underlying bony structures or a combination of both.  Fillers may give you a temporary and limited result, but you may benefit more from defiinitive treatment with facial implant augmentation which are placed right onto the bone surface to give more support to the droopy soft tissue.  You should seek a consultation with a surgeon who's familiar with not only soft tissue surgery but also with evaluation and treatment of bony structures.  Facial implants are the best kept secret in Hollywood!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for cheeks

+1

If you are interested in more long term cheek augmentation, you may want to consider fat grafting to the cheeks80 to 90% of the fat injected in the face survives and is permanent.  Also, the volume in the filler tubes is 1 to 1.5 ml and the cost per syringe is high. I sometimes inject 12 ml of fat or so to each cheek area, and this is prohibitively expensive with fillers.  In the long run, fat grafting is cheaper and permanent.  You can always start with fillers and go with fat grafting in the future.

Cheek augmentation with fillers

+1

From your picture, it does appear that fillers could be used to fill in the slight hollowness under your eyes as well as the area of flattening on your cheeks.  There are a variety of fillers that could be used, but I would recommend Restylane for under your eyes and Radiesse or Sculptra for your cheeks.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon